Thursday 1 March 2012

New Project!

Oooh, what is this?



A new project!! 


I fell in love with both of these beautiful blankets - this one from Cherry Heart, and this one from Serendipity Patch.  I just had to make one, inspired by the gorgeousness!!

I bought a load of Stylecraft Special DK yarn for it.  It is very reasonably priced, and I've heard lots of good things about it over the blogs.  I thought it was time to give it a go!


I've picked 9 colours, with cream as the border.  I've not worked with so many colours before, so I'm a bit worried they'll not work together.  I wanted it to be pretty and colourful, but we'll see how well it works!
It's going to be a long slow project, the rate at which I crochet (and get distracted!) but I hope to get there in the end!

Thanks for the kind comments about the rabbit from my last post.  My nephew seems to like it - in fact it was the first thing he's ever grabbed and held on to!!!  (That warmed the cockles of my heart!)

11 comments:

  1. Good luck with your blanket. Looks like pretty colours you've chosen.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great project, can't wait to see the finished result. I really wish I could crochet, it produces such wonderful items. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is going to be beautiful when finished, the colours are lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful colours,you are going to love doing this one,can't wait to see it all done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum it's gonna be beautiful!
    kandi x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colours are amazing and I love the pink flower on the purple. Im more than a little bit jealous of your flowers cos no matter how hard I try I cannot crochet a flower!!

    Cant wait to see the blanket finished!

    Luv Rhi x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always want to crochet up a bright and colorful blanket but never feel like I can color coordinate very well. Gotta get over that hangup. Your blanket is gonna be every so pretty. And I love your sweet little rabbit. I tried to embroider a face on a little snowman last year and boy was that fiddly. I finally just unpicked it and left him without a face. Your rabbit face is precious. Have a great day. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely! The colours you've chosen look great together. Can't wait to see the finished article!

    S x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blog is lovely and your crochet is adorable ,i love the colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This will make a lovely quilt! I just love the little flower!
    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...