I started it about a year ago - I take forever with these big projects! (And you've been hearing me banging on about it for all this time, sorry!) I'm so glad it's now finished and ready for snuggling under!
Here it is with the finished border...
I did five rows of cream, followed by two rows of the pomegranate as I thought it would finish the blanket off nicely.
|Two of the corners|
I made this using Stylecraft Special DK yarn. Great value and nice and soft! I used nine colours for the squares, with cream to edge and join them.
Top row, left to right: Pomegranate, Fondant, Candyfloss, Lemon, Spring Green
Bottom row, left to right: Wisteria, Bluebell, Sherbert, Aspen
This is an 'in progress' photo of the squares being crocheted together. I used the cream yarn (also used to edge each square) to crochet them together. I joined them with a slip-stitch and was really pleased with the effect. It gives a nice little ridge between squares, but not as much as a ridge as you get with a single crochet join, which I've used before. I think I'll go with the slip-stitch in future, as it is quicker and I prefer the look (win win!)
Here it is, all laid out... (The border is a tad wavy - but you can only really tell when it's laid out flat like this)...
I am so pleased with it, and really amazed that I actually finished it!