Sunday, 26 May 2013

Wedding Embroidery

Well hello!  The move from my flat happened last Friday - 17th May.  We've had the week off work and have been working on the new house - stripping wallpaper, knocking out a fireplace, and generally being very destructive!  There will be pictures to come when/if we finish anything...!


In the meantime, we had a nice day away from DIY yesterday to go to my sister-in-law's sister's wedding (that's my brother's wife's sister!)

I had done a bit of crafting for the wedding - I gave you a glimpse of an embroidery outline in a previous post.  Here is the finished embroidery:


 I drew the pattern on paper, then traced onto white cotton with a fine permanent pen.  I then used purple embroidery thread to stitch along the lines.



In the bottom corner are two mother-of-pearl heart buttons, outlined with stitches...


And a bow in the top corner...


I framed it in a white box frame...


And it went on the table with the guest book, post box etc...


The bride, my sister-in-law, my Mum and myself decorated the guest book and post box too, and did other crafty bits and bobs for the wedding.

It was a lovely day!


5 comments:

  1. Aww Maria, that's beautiful! I bet the bride loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful and what a wonderful keepsake.
    good luck with your renovations
    love jooles xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done for the move, hope you get settled in soon and get the place looking how you want it. :o)
    Well done on the embroidery, it looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maria that is so precious! Where were you when I was getting married?! I would have killed to have had people like you on my side. So awesome and thoughtful. And detailed.

    I hope your new home and all your renovating is going well :)

    xx A

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely idea! I need a wedding gift idea for a dear friend of mine who got married recently. Thank you so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...