Tuesday 16 February 2016

Baby Blanket Plans


One of my oldest friends is having a baby at the end of April, so - of course - I had to make her a baby blanket!

They haven't found out the gender of the baby - so I had the challenge of picking gender-neutral colours.  Whether any colour should be gender specific is a whole other topic of conversation.  Whether is should be blue for a boy, pink for a girl... that's opening a can of worms I don't feel like opening right now!

Regardless of this, my friend isn't really a pastels and pink kind of girl, so even if she is having a girl and had found that out, I wouldn't have gone for pinks anyway.

Therefore I have picked what I hope to be modern bold colours that would work for a boy or a girl, and that I think would fit my friend's preferences.


I've bought Stylecraft Special DK in Turquoise, Grey, Sunshine and White and am planning a stripy blanket with a border I am yet to decide on.

I generally take forever to finish anything, and I've started this fairly late... so I'd better get a move on!  I will be sure to show you my progress...



Like what you see?  Follow me on bloglovin!


6 comments:

  1. Modern brights sounds like a lovely idea for a baby blanket!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy - nice to try something different to pastels! x

      Delete
  2. Yummy colours Maria! Any little baby would be happy snuggled up under that blanket! And any mum would be delighted!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna! I'm really pleased with the sunshine colour - a different yellow than I was originally looking at, but I love it! xx

      Delete
  3. Oh this is such a beautiful gift, Maria! I totally agree with you on the boy and girl colours. I've been watching the Great Interior Design Challenge and it's really starting to irk me when they refer to something as feminine or masculine. There are so many other words out there to describe things. Your blanket is such a beautiful punch of cheerful colours and I think it would be perfect for a boy or a girl! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Great Interior Design Challenge! I was thinking that you should go on it!!
      Thanks - I'm hoping my friend will like the cheery colours, I think she will! xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...