Sunday 22 October 2017

New Crochet Project - Peek-a-Boo Baby Blanket

I know, I know, I shouldn't be starting a new project!  I've got my knitted shawl on the go, and the longstanding colour block crochet blanket, to name just two works in progress.

But, I have.  Started a new project, that is.  A friend of mine is pregnant and I'm making her a baby blanket!

Make this cute and easy peek-a-boo crochet baby blanket!

The lovely Sandra of Cherry Heart designed this pattern for a magazine and spoke about it in this post in 2014.  I fell for it straight away, but didn't get round to buying the magazine.

Then in 2015 Sandra released the pattern on Ravelry, with extra information on making a bigger sizes.  It's taken me two more years to have a reason to buy and make this, but I didn't forget the gorgeous design!

Now, I've been crocheting for years now, and could work out how to make this without the pattern - it's not a complicated design, which is why it's a great one for beginners.  However, it would have taken time and effort to do the calculations to get the size I was looking for, work out how to position the diamonds, etc.  So, although I COULD have reproduced something similar to this, I thought I'd rather buy Sandra's pattern.  The reasons being:

- I can crack on with the making, without having to spend time working things out, and probably starting over a few times as I worked on the sizing - Sandra has done all this for me!  (And never under-estimate how much time that sort of thing takes!)

- I've been reading Sandra's blog for years, and it's nice to give something back.

- I wouldn't have even thought of this pattern design without her, and I'm even using the same colour she did, so I felt I should buy the pattern really!

Make this cute and easy peek-a-boo crochet baby blanket!

I've been making some progress this weekend, and am really loving seeing the diamonds appearing.

The yarn is extremely difficult to photograph as the colour looks different in each shot!  The first picture of the balls of yarn with the pattern is the most accurate depiction of the colour.

Make this cute and easy peek-a-boo crochet baby blanket!

This picture above is a terrible representation of the colour!  But it shows further progress.  I will attempt to take better pictures when I next post about it - it's so difficult this time of year to get any decent light!

Pattern: Peek-a-Boo Blanket by Sandra Paul
Yarn: Sirdar Snuggly in Choo Choo Train



Check out my completed crochet items here.



Like what you see?  Follow me on bloglovin!



8 comments:

  1. Yes it is a lovely pattern. I have made more than one of these blankets from Olga Poltrova's free pattern 'Diamond Stitch Baby Blanket'. Tho Sandra has changed the edging. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a lovely design too - with a slightly different pattern where the diamonds cross - Sandra's has a little square of four holes at each crossover point. I might try Olga's pattern another time, to mix it up a bit! It's such a simple yet effective design - I love it. x

      Delete
  2. Oh I say go for it! When you fancy making something you should make it. Looks like a very sweet blanket, looking forward to see the progress!xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, you have to follow the inspiration and passion!! I am making quite good progress - but my shawl knitting is suffering because of it. But I'll get back to it soon! xxx

      Delete
  3. It is my goal to eventually buy a pattern from each blogger that has so generously offered free pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a nice goal, as there are so many kindly offered free patterns out there!

      Delete
  4. Oh that colour is gorgeous (in the first shot!). I really love that colour so much and have thought at times of introducing it into Cora's room! Along with something kind of peachy. It's such a beautiful blanket and I totally know what you mean about getting the pattern. It's a really beautiful one too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I think little pops of that colour in Cora's room would look gorgeous!! It would look lovely with a peachy colour - that would be so good! xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...