Monday 16 October 2017

Knitted Shawl Beginnings

In my last post I showed you my haul from the Knitting and Stitching Show.  I've already made a start on knitting with that gorgeous hand-dyed yarn (why finish off all those other projects I've already got on the go, right?!)

First I had to wind the skein into a ball...

Click to see the start of a gorgeous knitted shawl made with hand-dyed yarn.

That's a pretty lovely ball of yarn there!

Then came my first attempts at knitting the shawl.  You'll be a lot more used to seeing crochet than knitting here on my blog, so I had to get back into the swing of it and figure out the beginning of the pattern.  I had to start over about three times, and ended up cutting a bit of the yarn off, where I had ruined it slightly with my messing about and undoing it.

But once the first bit clicked, it's been easy!

Click to see the start of a gorgeous knitted shawl made with hand-dyed yarn.

I'm loving it!  I keep wanting to do just one more row... although they're taking longer and longer as I increase stitches each time.

I'm not sure how long it's going to take me, but hopefully I'll have a finished shawl to show you at some point!  What do you think?  Do you like it so far?



Check out my (very few) completed knitted projects here.


Like what you see?  Follow me on bloglovin!



4 comments:

  1. Oh it is so beautiful! Did not remember that it was knitted that way. Great progress!xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I love it! I'm so glad I bought it!! The progress is getting slower and slower as each row increases by 4 stitches, but I'm ploughing on! xxx

      Delete
  2. Did you come up with the pattern yourself?! It looks amazing!!! And that's something I always find so deceptive about incremental projects - they start off great and then I'm like, I HAVE TO INCREASE TO HOW MANY STITCHES? And each round or line takes 30 minutes 😂 But it's always so worth it.

    p.s. Have you ever heard of or tried a Tunisian crochet pattern? I did years ago and it was the most stressful and tense type of project I had worked on. It gave me anxiety! I had to give up and rip it all back! I don't know why I was reminded of it, but I thought you'd appreciate the mental anguish.

    🐄👜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I bought the pattern along with the yarn - although it's not that tricky - it's good for a beginner. I think it I knitted more it wouldn't be too hard to come up with. I need to expand my knitting skills!

      Hopefully after Christmas, I will have the tools I need to try Tunisian crochet, so it's funny you mention it! I've got hooks and a book on my wishlist, so I'm looking forward to trying it out. I love how it looks - I just hope it doesn't make me tense and anxious!! xx

      P.S. Love the emoji sign-off!!! :D:D:D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...